I Want To ...
For information in...
Find a Physician
From a family practioner to the most sophisticated neurologists, JFK Medical Center's staff includes some of the most highly respected physicians in the northeast. For a referral to a JFK physician, click here.
Leading-Edge Surgical Options Performed by the Region's Top Surgeons
- Written by JFK Medical Center
General Surgery at JFK
Excellence is the standard of care for every surgical specialty in JFK Medical Center's division of General Surgery. From the top surgeons in the area to our skilled surgical nurses, anesthesiologists, support staff, and our state-of-the-art surgical facilities, JFK's skilled surgical staff strives to provide the highest-level, patient-centered surgical care available.
- Our surgical specialists include many of the area's leading surgeons, named to regional and local Top Doctor lists. Their skill, knowledge and expertise are equaled only by their compassion in dealing with our surgical patients.
- Surgeons at JFK Medical Center utilize state-of-the-art surgical tools and technology designed to facilitate patient comfort, reduce pain and speed healing.
- The division of General Surgery continues to not only meet but also exceed the highest national quality standards for outcome and safety.
- Our team of affiliated surgeons performs about 20,000 surgeries each year. The high volume of procedures allows our surgeons to continually sharpen their skills, resulting in better outcomes for patients.
Same Day Surgery at JFK
The Same Day Surgery (SDS) Unit at JFK Medical Center is designed to cater to the special needs of adolescent and adult patients who are undergoing outpatient surgical or diagnostic procedures (and, therefore, do not require a hospital stay). We pride ourselves in delivering quality, personalized care throughout the entire experience. In addition to the superior technology of the SDS Unit, highly skilled surgeons offer superior care and compassion to each and every patient with the help of a wonderful team of nurses and technicians. Each Surgical Suite is equipped with:
- Advanced Endoscopic equipment and instantaneous reporting technology
- Moveable flat panel video screens suspended from the ceiling, improving the surgeon's view of the surgical site
- Advanced lighting systems to enhance the surgical environment
- Once you arrive at the SDS unit you will be met by registered nurses and experienced patient care assistants. Your nurse will prepare you for surgery, and your anesthesiologist will visit you prior to surgery to discuss the type of anesthetic or sedation you will receive.
Upon completion of your surgery you will be moved to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU). Once you recover from the anesthesia, you will be transported back to the SDS Unit until discharge criteria have been met and you have been given instructions for your follow-up care. If your doctor decides you will need to stay overnight, you will remain in the PACU without any disruption to your care to wait for bed availability.
For additional information, please contact (732) 321-7787.