In This Section
I Want To ...
For information in...
Find a Physician
From a family practitioner to the most sophisticated neurologists, JFK Medical Center's staff includes some of the most highly respected physicians in the northeast. For a referral to a JFK physician, click here.
The Department of Professional Development & Continuing Medical Education at the Johnson Rehabilitation Institute (JRI) is committed to providing the highest quality of educational programs and services for both our own professional staff and the outside community of rehabilitation clinicians, physicians and other health care professionals in New Jersey. It is our goal, in partnership with JRI's clinical departments, JFK Medical Center and other components of JFK Health to foster an educational environment through which clinicians may acquire the skills, knowledge and inquisitiveness to be astute problem solvers and informed practitioners.
Today's health care environment requires professionals to be continually informed of new evaluation and evidenced-based treatment approaches. Our extensive interdisciplinary continuing education program serves professionals across an array of rehabilitation and other health disciplines, including:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists and audiologists
- Social workers
- Therapeutic recreation specialists
- Vocational rehabilitation counselors
- Athletic trainers
- Other physicians in multiple specialties
Our activities help clinicians acquire the professional competencies and personal confidence to work within clinical settings with diverse patient populations. We also facilitate possibilities for professional career advancement.
Conferences and Accreditation
We try, whenever possible, to offer a diversity of weekday, evening, and weekend options to accommodate personal and professional scheduling needs. We are an accredited provider for the following organizations:
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
Applications to the New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners are made for all offerings applicable to the discipline. Additional accreditation applications are submitted appropriate to the specific audience and content of the education. For more information, please call (732) 632-1570 or (732) 632-1564.
The Department of Professional Development & Continuing Medical Education also coordinates an extensive network of student affiliation programs in physical and occupational therapy and provides educational consultation on student programming to other rehabilitation disciplines. Career education and observations are scheduled for students interested in exploring physical and occupational therapy. For more information, please call (732) 321-7737.
Movement System Impairment Syndromes
MSIS of the Lumbar Spine, Hip and Shoulder: Basic Application
Course Instructor: Shirley Sahrmann, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Saturday & Sunday, May 14 & 15, 2016
Diagnosis & Treatment of MSIS of the Upper Quarter
Course Instructor: Nancy Bloom, PT, DPT, MSOT
Saturday & Sunday, October 15 & 16, 2016
Exercise Prescription & Motor Learning Strategies: Geriatric & Neurologic Population
PT, PhD, NCS, C/NDT, CSRS, CEEAA
November 12-13, 2016
To register, please visit:
Bells & Whistles(SM)
(An Acute Care Course)
ICU TRAINING For Rehabilitation Professionals
November 19 & 20, 2016
Gregory Adams, PT, MS, CCS
To register, please visit:
- Carole Kolber, PhD, Administrative Director, Professional Development & CME; Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Sciences, Seton Hall University, School of Graduate Medical Education
- Shelley Levin, MS, OTR, Clinical Director & Clinical Education Coordinator/Occupational Therapy
- Pragati Duttaroy, PT, MS, Clinical Director & Clinical Education Coordinator/Physical Therapy
- Kathleen DeCamp, Events Coordinator
- Mary Ann Laurita, Events Coordinator
- Marianne Mohary, Events Coordinator
- John Sensakovic, MD, PhD, Consulting CME Medical Director